For many people a fridge is simply a boring box that stores things to keep fresh and cool. Many people pass by their fridge hundred times a day without even giving it one notice. However nowadays a fridge is so much more than simply a storage space in the kitchen. So when you buy your new refrigerator keep the below points in mind so you get the best in terms of saving space and electricity and greatly enhancing the ambient of any kitchen. Kitchen improvement has never been easier!
The fridges of today have lots of convenience embedded in them to make everyone’s life easier in the cooking area. Also the ability to save lots of electricity is a major plus in anyone’s book. And let’s not forget that the modern refrigerators of today are so beautifully designed that they really contribute to increasing the decor of any cooking space.
When you go fridge shopping, you need to consider a few things to get the best for your home.
- Capacity. One of the important aspects of the size is how many people live in the house. Basically two people need 8 cubic feet for food and drink storage. Then for each additional person you need to count one extra cubic feet. So for example if you also want a freezer with your fridge, for a 4 person family you will need an appliance of 24 cubic feet.
- Size. Depending whether you get a built in model or a standard size, you will have a different size fridge. The built in models are basically flush with the countertops and the cabinets which gives them a very modern and elegant look. The other types are wider and taller and many times are made of stainless steel, which gives them a very sleek and futuristic look that many people love. A third size is the very small one that fits right in the kitchen cabinets, and they are usually built with one person in mind.
- Interior features. Most modern fridges are available with replaceable water filters that give you fresh and cool water all the time. Some very modern ones even have dispensing cubes as well as crushed ice or even shaved ice.
- Energy saving.There is difficult to find nowadays a new refrigerator that is not energy saving. Many come with bright LED lights that allows you to see well inside the space. The contemporary versions have a saving of 40% versus models that came out in the first years after 2000. When buying your fridge make sure that it has the Energy Start label on it. This means that it uses 20% less energy that those without it.
- Modern style. The fridge is one kitchen appliance that is sure to enhance the room particularly if you buy one with the exterior color and material matching that of other furniture or appliances in the room. One of the best out materials today for refrigerators is stainless steel.