Before a home is placed on the housing market for sale, engaging a kitchen remodel helps to sell a home faster. Here are a few kitchen remodeling tips that will increase a homeowner’s buyer pool and that pay off according to recent cost vs value home remodeling reports.
1) CUSTOM KITCHEN COUNTERTOPS – Upgrading a kitchen’s workspaces by replacing the countertops with a natural stone like granite or a high quality ‘look-a-like’ adds instant impact. A luxury kitchen remodel look can be obtained at a fraction of the usual cost if a suitable remnant piece can be used. Numerous green countertop materials continue to emerge for consumer choices with both the sustainability and style to appeal to potential buyers and help sell a home.
2) KITCHEN ACCESSORIES THAT ADD POLISH – A homeowner has the ability to re-accessorizing cabinetry in a myriad of ways that create functional and unique kitchen features. Adding crown molding to existing cabinets can accentuate the architectural detailing of your home’s style and give your kitchen a luxury look. New cabinet hardware, featuring one pulls can take a kitchen to a new level. Installing new knobs, pulls, and cabinet hinges with trendy replacements can add tremendous personality to your kitchen. From sleek and modern to classic and ornate, kitchen hardware upgrades refresh the entire look of a kitchen. Brushed nickel knobs are one popular trend.
3) CREATE A UNIQUE BACKSPLASH – A kitchen is quickly set apart with personal choices using costume designed backsplash tiles for areas around the cook stove or wherever wall surfaces need extra protection from moisture and cooking splatters. Homeowners can choose form glamorous glass, antique mirrors, mother-of-pearl mosaics, or use the earthy natural designs embedded in tumbled marbles, limestone or porcelains that outshine anything manufactured.
4) KITCHEN APPLIANCE UPGRADES ADD STYLE AND FUNCTION – Updated kitchen appliances improve a kitchen’s overall look while keeping energy bills lower than before. New appliance models are not only smart-looking but if they feature the Energy Star seal, current owners and potential homebuyers know that appliance exceeds Department of Energy guidelines for energy efficiency by at least 10 percent. According to a recent survey by the National Kitchen & Bath Association, energy-efficient products are among the top trends in kitchen upgrades that deliver long-term cost vs value to consumers.
5) UPGRADE THE KITCHEN SINK AND FAUCET – Luxury looks to the sink area are easily and reasonably obtained with a new faucet head. As one part of the kitchen everyone will use, creating a positive impression to potential home buyers with a clean, stylish and energy-efficient faucet is a sure plus.