Kitchen cleaning tips will help you in the task of getting that very busy room clean and keeping it clean. Speed cleaning is the essence in any home cleaning. It is the one room in the house that not only the family has access to but so do friends and visitors. The constant flow of traffic through the kitchen sometimes sees the home owner leave more items out and available than would normally be the case. It is a room that needs to be organized at all times so that people can find what they are looking for and do not make a mess trying to find things.
Kitchen cleaning tips
- The first job is to go through the kitchen and get rid of any outdated products. Anything that is just about at the due date needs to be used so it is not wasted.
- Organizing your pantry. Use containers for your products, whether they be glass jars or plastic containers and then make sure that each of them has a label. Is it time to purchase a set of containers so that the panty can be well organized? I used to think this was extravagant, but once I had done it I wished I had done it years before. Organizing the pantry is not just a matter of making it look nicer and be cleaner, but also making it much easier to find items. It is not a good idea to have open packets in the pantry as this encourages weevil moths and other pests.
- Before putting your pantry items back, clean it out with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar which is a natural disinfectant.
- Consider putting a dry erase board inside the pantry door to list the items that are running low.
- Attend to the fridge in the same manner, creating some sort of order on the shelves so that items can be found really easily. Before putting everything back in the fridge wipe the fridge out with a mix of lemon juice and water to freshen it up and remove odors.
- Wipe out the microwave with vinegar and water.
- Cleaning down the bench tops – with so many different bench top products on the market do find out which cleaners are going to do the job efficiently for your bench top. Although you will probably be recommended a commercial cleaner often an eco friendly mix like vinegar and water will do the job. For tougher stains sprinkle some baking soda over the area then rub down with the vinegar and water mix.
- Baking soda is also very good for cutting through grime and bleaching grout so if you have either of these jobs to do in the kitchen then use this eco friendly product.
When cleaning bench tops or other softer items like carpet and lino, do ‘a test clean’ first in a corner that will not be noticeable if there is a little color fading. This is always a good motto when using products throughout the house. As mentioned earlier, if the kitchen is organized then following kitchen cleaning tips of any sort will make the task that much easier and you will be able to speed up your cleaning of the house.